Innovative Research Universities (IRU) is a policy group comprising six Australian universities; Charles Darwin University, James Cook University, Griffith University, La Trobe University, Flinders University, Murdoch University.
Inclusive excellence is the IRU commitment to reach and serve local and global communities through an effective response for all who seek our services at the highest standards in teaching, learning and research.
Working collectively the IRU will is at the constructive centre of Australian University policy making, influencing political developments beyond individual university capacities to do so. We advocate policy that supports excellence in teaching, learning and that has local relevance and global applicability.
- universities rank in the top 500 Universities in the world (Times Higher Education Rankings 2015)
- enroll 14% of low SES undergraduate population
- educating 19% of indigenous students enrolled at university
- provide 19% regional and remote undergraduate students with excellent education
- 83% of all research ranked at world standard or above (Excellence in Research for Australia 2015)