*CLOSED* Government Relations Advisor – Innovative Research Universities (IRU)
The IRU is currently looking for a Government Relations Advisor to guide the IRU engagement with government, key departments, and other higher education stakeholders.
- Full time, 2 years fixed-term role
- Based in Canberra
- Reporting to the IRU Executive Director
- $96,022 to $109,805 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
The Government Relations Advisor:
- supports the IRU’s engagement with the Australian Government, Government departments, and political parties and other higher education and research stakeholders.
- advises on legislation and subordinate legislation and program guidelines for higher education and research across the Education and Immigration portfolios.
This IRU Government Relations Advisor will be employed by La Trobe University as the host university for the IRU on behalf of all members and the primary employer of IRU staff.
Skills and experience required
To be considered for this role you will have:
- high-level communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to build effective networks.
- high-level ability to conduct research and analysis of Government legislation and program guidelines.
- high-level ability to work independently in a multi-tasking environment.
- a strong interest in, and knowledge of, Australian politics.
Find out more and apply
Read the full position description (PDF)